Slate Cleaning Sealing Services of Chicago
residential & commercial services
CSI-Absolute Clean Inc., a world-class Chicago based slate restorative and cleaning company with a great deal of technical knowledge and experience to professionally wash and clean slate surfaces. We provide our services to both residential homes and commercial businesses across the city of Chicago, North Shore and the South West Suburbs. Our Chicago based slate cleaning professionals can effectively restore your slate to an attractive, like-new condition.
Why Should You Hire a Professional to Clean Your Slate?
Our Goal is to Deliver the Gold Standard in Customer Service
At CSI-Absolute Clean Inc., we can professionally wash, care for and seal slate with the correct methods to ensure its long-lasting beauty.
SURFACES WE RESTORE
- What Requires a Clean & Seal?
- What Requires a Partial Restoration?
- What Requires a Full Restoration?
- What is an Etch?
- How does PH affect my stone?
- Scratches on stone surfaces
- Annual Maintenance
- No Etches (commonly referred to as: Water Mark, Water Stain, Drip Mark, Ring Stain)
- No Staining (Anything that has left a pigment is a stain. i.e. Coffee Stain, Wine Stain, etc…)
- No Scratches
- No Dulling of the Surface Finish (Finish is intact)
- Light Etch Marks (commonly referred to as: Water Mark, Water Stain, Drip Mark, Ring Stain)
- Light Staining (Anything that has left a pigment is a stain. I.e. Coffee Stain, Wine Stain, etc…)
- Light Scratches
- Minimal Dulling of the Surface Finish (Matte, Honed, or Polished)
- Deep Etch Marks (commonly referred to as: Water Mark, Water Stain, Drip Mark, Ring Stain)
- Deep Staining (Anything that has left a pigment is a stain. I.e. Coffee Stain, Wine Stain, etc…)
- Deep Scratches
- Extensive Dulling of the Surface Finish (Matte, Honed, or Polished)
An etch is a dulling mark on stone that appears as a stain. An etch is a chemical reaction between the calcium in the stone and any liquid that has an acidic PH
Liquids such as beverages, food items and cosmetic items with an acidic PH can etch the finish of your stone.
The acidic nature of any item will react to the calcium in your stone leaving a dull mark that cannot be removed with cleaning.
Scratches can occur on softer stones such as marble, limestone, travertine, onyx and soapstone.
Scratches ruin the finish of your stone and cannot be removed with cleaning.
Our Slate Cleaning & Polishing Process
Our natural stone cleaning systems are performed to IICRC standards for S210 stone restoration. We use the most cutting-edge technology to deliver the ABSOLUTE BEST CLEAN. Our standard natural stone cleaning process removes any topical soil. Any staining or damage not removed by our standard natural stone cleaning process will require either a “partial restoration” or a “full restoration”.
- Pre-Treatment: spray application of our alkaline trimix chemical with the purpose of breaking the surface tension of the soil, penetrating the grout in order to defloculate imbedded soil. It then breaks down soil and suspends it in the water molecule/cleaning detergent for easy removal.
- Agitation: Manual or Mechanical – Aids the Pre-Treatment to saturate, and helps further loosen soil.
- Extract: done via truck mount or portable machine vacuums off suspended soil in water molecules
- Rinse: Triple Steam rinse flushes out any dirt remaining in the tile & grout ensuring full removal.
- Emulsify: a chemical rinse that is the 2nd rinse step synergistically reacts with the pre-treatment to attract all chemical and soil to the surface
- Neutralize: a chemical rinse that is the 3rd step in the rinse step that flushes all residue and solutions out, neutralizes them, and brings the tile & grout PH back to balance PH7 to prevent re-soiling.
- Speed dry: expedite drying to eliminate/avoid efflorescence
- Dry Buff: Removes any remaining residue, also aids to expedite drying
- Seal: Application of appropriate deep impregnating/penetrating sealer. (sealers may vary depending on the type of stone)
- Final Buff: Ensures full penetration of sealer, removes any excess sealer residue.
NATURAL STONE SERVICES - GENERAL PRICING CHARTS
Standard Services - Prices subject to change based on pre-existing conditions and or service stipulations
Additional charges for parking apply in Chicago and Downtown service areas, minimum service charge apply
Our stone sealer provide maximum protection against:
- Permanent staining
- Repel water & oil based stains
- Prevent malodors & microbial growth
- Recommended once a year in high moisture areas after a restorative cleaning process has been performed
Replacing loose, damaged or stained grout:
- Grout may come loose during our cleaning process
- Our process does not cause this condition, but rather exposes a pre-existing condition
- Replacing grout is a great way to refresh the look and feel of your home.
Replacing caulking is essential to high moisture areas in your home. Caulk prevents:
- Moisture migrating in between building materials
- Rotting off building material that accumulates moisture
- Microbial growth as a result of moisture accumulating in areas that do not dry out
- Recommended Cleaning Frequency
- Drying time after service
- Wide Range of Use
- Many Different Materials
- Pores by Nature
- Pores by Nature
Natural Stone cleaning recommendations
- Hot water extraction cleaning method is recommend over other methods
- Residential cleaning frequency is once every 12 months or once every 6 – 12 months for high moisture areas.
Floors are walkable immediately after service.
Counter tops and vanities are usable immediately after service.
Recommendations after service:
- Room temperature of at least 70 degrees
- Turn on any fans available for air movement to expedite drying.
- Allow the area to dry 24 hours before introducing moisture
What Our Clients Say About Us...Good, bad or indifferent, we love all the feedback we receive from our clients. Though we love to hear how great we are...it is from our shortcomings that we grow the most as a company. We thank all our clients for taking the time to leave a review as it is our guiding post to continue to improve.
Andre was outstanding. The actual price he charged was significantly lower than the estimate due to the condition of my marble bath (talk about honest). He was right on time, super efficient, thorough and careful (put up lots of plastic and covers on his shoes). The results exceeded my expectations, so I asked him of he could squeeze in the kitchen before he left. For a nominal fee he polished up my kitchen counter & island. On Monday morning I received an updated invoice with detailed listings of the price changes. Nice job !!
These guys are professional and always get the job done right. This is my 3rd time using them. This time was no different except only 1 guy did all the work. It was done correctly within the estimated time and nothing was added to the estimate. I paid exactly what was estimated in advance after the work was done. The service pro arrived shortly after 9am on the specified day. How many times have other vendors made promises that they couldn't keep? These guys do what they say they will do and follow through. I'm satisfied with the work and will continue to call them the next time.
I think they did a great job on my granite countertops. They are 20 years old and hadn't been sealed or polished since they were installed, but they looked great after cleaning. The only problem is the company name. The only reason I found them is that another company was too busy and recommended them instead. Who would find a granite clean and repair service with this name? Unfortunately it sounds like a house cleaning service, so they probably are missing a lot of customers.
These people are the best. Professional and courteous and eager to please. Angel was efficient and understood what I wanted and over delivered on my slate floors. They look beautiful. I will use them again and recommend them to anyone!
Sal just left our home and left our marble tiles and countertop looking better than new. I was so upset with the condition of the marble that we were considering redoing our entire powder room that is just 5 years old. Not now, Sal and CSI are outstanding. Sal also did our porcelain tile in our laundry room and it equally looks as good as new.
Our son has a Condo downtown that we were going to replace the marble tiles in as well...not now ... we will have CSI come in and do their magic.
I highly recommend this company and Sal.... super job!
You know that time when you feel like someone is trying their best to please you, but your gut is telling you something doesn't feel right...
I recognize that i was the most difficult customer they ever had, and i know they went out of their way, but it doesn't mean you should make that known to me. I shouldn't feel stupid every time i get off the phone with you.
And when i am wrong, you don't need to send me a detailed transcript of the phone conversation with the entire recorded audio file attached-- got it, I'm the stupid one that was wrong, thanks!
After listening to all the sighs on the phone, it's my turn .... oh sighhhhhh
We just had our 3rd or 4th annual commercial cleaning with CSI Absolute Clean. I really like that that have great, caring and friendly service, staying in touch both before and after the service. We get reminder emails, arrival calls, follow up emails to ensure costumer satisfaction.
The very first time we used CSI Absolute Clean, they were very accommodating with the business hours of our nail salon. They were thorough and efficient, and we were extremely satisfied with the service in all ways.
When we used them again for the 2nd or 3rd time, they had sent a newer, less thorough and more rushed cleaning technician who had left us with damp carpets and less than a satisfactory experience. The customer service center did a follow up call and we explained our experience to them. They listened patiently with care and ensured they will follow up with the technician and will do a better job next time. I really like that they care about their quality.
This last time around, the technician called upon timely arrival. However, they didn't have an air blower in their car, and since we had 1 experience with the damp carpets, our manager requested the air blower/dryer. The technician was willing to drive back to their office to retrieve the requested tool. Even though the job started about 45 minutes later then scheduled due to our request, the technician did not rush the job and still did a very thorough and careful cleaning, just like our first experience.
We definitely recommend CSI Absolute clean, and would use them again for our cleaning needs.
We (my wife and I) had CSI out for two projects in our master bath: clean and restore grout in the walk-in shower, and restore the 11 year old finish on the marble floor in the bathroom. They did fantastic work on both jobs. We were even asked to inspect and comment on the work prior to finishing up. The work was reasonable priced, and the tech was a clean as could be. We expected to have to clean up after the work was completed. The tech left things maybe even cleaner than when he started. We highly recommend CSI for the great work that they do at reasonable prices!!
Angel and Saul came out today to restore the marble floors in my kitchen, foyer and back entrance. They worked wonders on the few areas I pointed out, bringing them back to their original shine and luster. I am very impressed wth their ability to bring my floors back to the way they looked the day they were laid.
Both Angel and Saul were very polite and respectful, as was Cesar when he came to price out the job. It is very refreshing to find a company with proper customer service that provides such high quality work. I highly recommend this company.
I am absolutely amazed at how great the customer service and workmanship was, my husband and I were very pleased. Our e-mails requesting a quote were responded to quickly and very thoroughly. Scheduling an appointment to get our shower marble cleaned and re-caulked was easy. We also got our marble master counter top re-finished the same day. The technician, Angel, was on time, courteous and is a very hard worker. After a few DIY caulking jobs to the shower & counter top, he really had his work cut out for him! Shower and top look new. They are not "cheap" but you get what you pay for and this case it was well worth the $$
Harvey and Saul were professional and responsible in the way they explained and conducted the refinishing process of my bathroom marble vanity. I am very pleased with their work. I also appreciated the precautions they provided and the recommendation for a glossy finish. It looks as good as new. Thank you CSI. Also thanks to Teri for working with me on the scheduling.
Service is superb, from the estimator to the floor polisher. I asked that they sand, seal and polish my Limestone kitchen floor, using a low shine. Instead it turned out to be a high shine, which I didn't want. They did come back, ensuring that they would do what's necessary to ensure that I was pleased. As it turned out, I decided in the end to keep the shine but asked that they polish it more. The polisher came back and did whatever I wanted, not completing the project until I was satisfied, which I thought was great service.
CSI is the absolute best at what they do. This is my third time hiring them and this experience was just as great as the first time. I hired CSI to clean and reseal my natural stone walk-in shower. It had mold, water stains and years of built up soap scum but Andre, the technician they sent, did a phenomenal job making it look like it was brand new. I can't recommend them enough. They are professional, friendly, prompt, reasonably priced and really know what they're doing. Stop looking around and call them now.
We had CSI clean our marble foyer, bathroom floor and shower. They did a fantastic job. They were able to remove some really tough stains. Everything looks great and I would use them again. They were very efficient, professional, and reasonable.
This team was on time for both appointments, pleasant to deal with, informative, and at the best price. Thank you!
These people are gooood! I had a reservation at 9, this gentleman who is very young shows up promptly at 9 and gets down to business. We had 5 chairs and an area rug that needed cleaning. One of the chairs which is cream colored had a water stain on it that I was hoping can be removed. The guy spent a good half an hour on that chair making sure there is nothing left of the stain. He cleaned everything immaculately.
Make sure to note ahead if you want solvent based cleaners so that they will bring them along. Will definitely call them again if we need cleaning again.
Click ON ANY ICON FOR ADDITONAL REVIEWS - OUR WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF
COMMERCIAL CLIENTS WE SERVICE
For general inquiries, please fill out the form below and our friendly
Customer Service Team will respond to your message by phone or email.
Copyright © 2017 CSI Absolutely Clean Inc. All Rights Reserved